Every Saturday from June 14-August 30, visit Wildlife West Nature Park in Edgewood for an evening of dinner and entertainment. The park opens to guests at 5:30pm, peregrine falcon show at 6:00pm, hayrides from 6:00-7:00pm, dinner at 7:00pm and music at 8:00pm. Additional information can be found here.
Adults – $25.00
Seniors – $23.00
Kids (5-11) – $12.00
Kids under 5 – free!
Lineup for this season:
- June 14th- Holy Water and Whiskey
- June 21st -Bob Goldstein and the Mystic Lizard – Wildlife Festival weekend
- June 28th -Holy Water and Whiskey
- July 5th -Holy Water and Whiskey
- July 12- Holy Water and Whiskey
- July 19th -Holy Water and Whiskey
- July 25th Friday Music Festival kickoff Chuckwagon – 2 time national fiddle champion Katie Glassman
- August 2 – Holy Water and Whiskey
- August 9- Holy Water and Whiskey
- August 16th- Katie Gill and the Buckarettes- Harvest Festival Weekend
- August 23- Holy Water and Whiskey
- August 30th – Last Chuckwagon of 2014 season- Holy Water and Whiskey
The 5th Annual World Blacksmith Championship will be held Friday, October 25 – Sunday, October 27, at the Wildlife West Nature Park in Edgewood. Over 40 blacksmiths from around the world will compete at this event. Visitors can watch the blacksmiths compete and also tour the Wildlife West Zoo, which has 25 species of native rescued wildlife. Admission is $7 for adults, $6 for seniors, $4 for children and kids under 5 are free. Proceeds from the event will help support native, rescued wildlife at the park.
For more information, please visit Wildlife West or call 505-281-7655.
This weekend we’ll be celebrating flowers and harvest on both ends of the Salt Missions Trail Scenic Byway! On the southern leg oon Highway 60, the Mountainair Sunflower Festival will be in full swing on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with live entertainment, arts and crafts, a sunflower hat contest and sunflower art raffle, as well as live entertainment, children’s activities and food vendors. Find more information at mountainairsunflowerfestival.org or call 505-847-2205.
On the northern leg of the Byway in Edgewood, the Annual Harvest Festival returns to Wildlife West Nature Park on Saturday and Sunday, with a tractor parade on Saturday morning and tractor games on Sunday. Other activities include a wine tasting on Saturday, snake and reptile identification presentations, and behind the scenes tours of the black bear and Mexican wolf habitats. Hayrides, blacksmith demonstrations, and folk music will also be on tap. For more information, visit wildlifewest.org or call 505-281-7655.